Post Traumatic Stress Disorder for Adults
$50 per completed visit
Study Specific Details:
- This is a 12-week, multi center, randomized, double-blind trial of brepiprazole + sertraline combination treatment in adults with PTSD.
- 11 visits over a 3 month study period.
- Participant are reimbursed $50 for their time and travel at the end of each completed visit.
- Male or Female ages 19-65.
- The index traumatic event that led to the development of PTSD has to have occurred between 3 months and 9 years of screening visit.
- Diagnosed with PTSD according to DSM-5 criteria, and confirmed by the MINI.
- Onset of symptoms meeting the DSM-5 criteria for PTSD symptoms for a minimum of 6 months prior to screening.
- Psychotherapy or any other intervention for the treatment of PTSD must be stable for a least 28 days and remain the same throughout the study period. This includes equine therapy, yoga, mindfulness, etc.
- Allowed Medications: Non-stimulants, atomoxetine, and Prazosine (Minipress) if currently being taken for an appropriate indication at a stable dose for at least 14 days prior to baseline and should be continued throughout the trial.
- Patient does not need to fast prior screening.
- The index traumatic event occurred before age 16.
- Currently experiencing trauma, have ongoing contact with their assailant/abuser, or have ongoing legal matters related to their assault/abuse.
- Current major depressive episode (currently symptomatic).
- A current or recent (w/in) 6 months prior to screening) of an anxiety disorder that has been the primary focus of psychiatric treatment including GAD, social anxiety, panic disorder, OCD, and other related disorders.
- Diagnosis of delirium, major neurocognitive, or other cognitive disorder, psychosis bipolar, schizophrenia, or schizoaffective disorder, eating disorder, borderline or antisocial personality disorders, or intellectual disability.
- A current diagnosis or history of substance or alcohol use disorder within 120 days of screening.
- Any suicidal behavior during the past year prior to screening.
- Epilepsy or history of seizures , except for a single seizure episode; for instance childhood febrile seizure, a post traumatic seizure episode, or an alcohol withdrawal seizure.
- Moderate or severe head trauma.
- Positive for Hepatitis B, C or HIV.
- Individuals with hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism (unless condition has stabilized) must be stable with medication for at least 90 days prior to baseline.
- Uncontrolled hypertension
- Diabetic - may be eligible if the condition is stable and well controlled as determined by study team.
Questions? Give Us A Call!
Want to learn more about Harmonex Neuroscience Research?